FAQ SECTION TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- How one can change the factory password for a D-link Router?
For security reasons, it is recommended to change the factory password. Default: Login admin, password admin. The courier-adjusters must change the password to the Serial Number specified on the box (S / N) in the settings. When migrating, it is recommended that you also use it as a password for the router and Wi-Fi S / N (serial number).
In the interface of the router, go to the System tab, the Administrator password menu. In the Password field (New Password), enter the new password. In the Confirm password you need to repeat new password.
2.How to set up Wi-Fi on the D-link Router?
The router interface, you must go to the tab Wi-Fi access, the menu basic settings (Basic settings).
- SSID the name of your wireless network.
- In the Wi-Fi tab, select the security settings
- In the drop-down menu from the Network Authentication (the Network the Authentication):
- Choose WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK mixed – it is the safest way to protect your wireless network.
- In the field the encryption key is PSK.
- You must enter any set of digits, from 8 to 63 in length. You should also remember them so that you can specify them when you connect to the network. It is recommended to use the serial number of the device.
- Click on the “Edit” button to apply and save the settings.
3.Please guide me in configuring PPTP (VPN) when automatically obtain a local IP address (DHCP)?
- Connection Type: the PPTP (the PPTP and L2TP – tunneling protocols such as Point-to-point, allowing a computer to establish a secure connection to the server by creating a special tunnel standard, unprotected network.)
- The PPP username: Your login from the contract
- Password: Your password from the contract
- Confirm password (Confirm password): password repeat
- Name service: – the IP / ISP server name.
- MTU value is 1372
- Authentication algorithm: Auto
- Save the settings with the button (Save) by pressing the Reload button to restart the router.
4.I am not able to save the changes that I made to my D-link router setting?
After making the settings, it is recommended to save them so that in case of problems, you can restore them. To do this, go to the System tab, the configuration menu.
- Select to save the current configuration, to save the current settings of the router. the settings file will be saved to the specified location on the hard disk.
- 2. To restore the settings from the file, you must click and select Load previously saved configuration in devices, specify the path to the settings file, then click the button.
- First of all, you will need to unplug the power supply for your modem.
- Take an Ethernet cable and create cable connection between computer system and LAN port of your Dlink wireless router.
After that, using Ethernet cable create connection between your network modem and Internet port of your Dlink advance router.
Wait for at least 10 minutes after applying power supply to your network modem.
- Give power supply to your Dlink login wireless router and again wait until power LED turn in green color.
- Login to your Dlink login page using http://dlinkrouter.local web address. http dlinkrouter local com is the default address for accessing the login page for Dlink router.
- http dlinkrouter local setup wizard will loaded automatically if you are trying to login your Dlink router for the first time. You will get step by step guide for login to your Dlink router. click on “Next” button.
- You dlink router will start detecting the type of internet connection you are using for your home network. Once router finish detecting internet type, you will need to fill Dlink login name and password for your Dlink router. You will receive all the Dlink router login information for your internet service provider and you will need to fill this information in the given fields.
- There are some changes that your Dlink router don’t able to detect the type of internet connection. In that case, you will need to select option “Guide me through the Internet connection settings”. Once you select that option, you will receive a complete list of available networks for you.
- You will need to select the type internet connection from the given list. If you go for DHCP connection this is commonly used for the cable internet connection. For this type of connection, you will not need to provide any kind of extra Dlink login information.
- PPPoE type of connection is used for DSL modem connections. You will need to fill Dlink login user name and password information for your system. You will need to fill internet user name and password that will provided by internet service provider.
- After filling the information, click on “Next” button.
- You will need to choose a SSID and strong wireless password for your Dlink login access. After that, click on “Next” button.
- From the time zone, select the time zone and click on “Next” button once again.
- Click on “OK” button if you want to bookmark the router setup page for future use.
18,353 total views, 10 views today
We have collected a list of all known Dlink Passwords.
- You can try all known Dlink Passwords
- You can try following our How To Reset Your Router Guide
You should check this list and try every combination on your router. If none of them work and you don’t know your router’s password then you should contact your ISP and ask them if they know. If they do not know your router’s username and password then you may have to follow our How To Reset Your Router Guide.